The JSLS would like to send our deepest condolences to the people in the northern Japan, particularly those who have lost loved ones in the earthquake and tsunamis.
The conference will be held as scheduled (June 25-26, 2011). Osaka and its vicinity are not impacted by the earthquake on March 11th in the northern Japan. All the public transportations and facilities are running normally. Please visit this website often to check for further updates.
NEW! Next year, JSLS2012 will be held at:
The 13th Annual International Conference of the Japanese Society for Language Sciences (JSLS2011)
- Kansai University, Senriyama Campus, Osaka
- Access MapMap.Information.KansaiUniversitySenriyamaCampus.pdf(612)
- For Hotel Information: information for Suita City hotels
- Lunch Map lunchmap.pdf(357)
- June 25th and 26th, 2011
- Conference Chair: Keiko Ikeda (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pre-registration has closed.
- On-site registration info.
For Presenters (June, 10th)
Program Updated (June, 9th)
- Professor Niko Besnier (Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research: University of Amsterdam) http://pacific.socsci.uva.nl/besnier/
- Language on the Edge of the Global: Linguistic Practices, Agency, and the Complexity of the Local
- Abstract (Professor Niko Besnier)
- Yasuhiro Katagiri（Future University Hakodate）
- Cultural parameters in conversational interactions
- Abstract Yasuhiro Katagiri
- Abstract is available.
- Invited Symposium JSLS 2011.pdf(354)
Reconsidering "communicative competence": Findings and suggestions from fieldwork/empirical research.
This symposium will be organized by Kuniyoshi Kataoka (Aichi University) and Keiko Ikeda (Kansai University), and will feature presentations by Zane Goebel (LaTrobe University) on how television viewing in Indonesia (re-)circulates/constructs ideologies about ethnic and situated communities, Akira Takada (Kyoto University) on how young Japanese children and their caregivers behave in interactions involving directives issued to regulate children’s behavior, and Misao Okada (Hokusei Gakuen University) on mutual monitoring of embodied activities for teaching/learning boxing skills. These practices will be closely examined in relation to communicative competence in the field. The titles of individual papers will be announced in the near future. Plenary speaker Niko Besnier will be the discussant.
Call For Papers (CFP) due on Feb. 1st
- Closed Call For Papers
- Closed JSLS2011CFPeng.pdf(1275)
- Closed: Pre-registration.
言語科学会 (Japanese Society for Language Sciences)